Attestation is a mandatory procedure for anyone who wishes to immigrate to foreign countries. All documents issued from one’s home country requires proper authentication.
What is Attestation?
Attestation is the legalization of the document with an official seal and signature to recognize its genuineness in another country. An attestation aims to confirm to the foreign government authorities and officials that the signature and seal of the officials and higher government authority affixed on the documents of immigrants are authentic.
What is Certificate Attestation/Document Attestation?
The attestation process of documents and certificates is generally called as certificate attestation/ document attestation. Certificate Attestation is required for using a document issued by your home country in a foreign country. It is needed for various purposes like
Getting a work permit
Getting a residential visa
Getting admission to foreign universities and schools
Starting a business abroad
What are the Different Types of Attestation in India?
There are several types of attestation in India. They are
Chamber of Commerce Attestation
What is the Certificate Attestation Process?
There are mainly three types of certificate and document attestation processes in India.
- HRD attestation: It is only for attesting government recognized educational documents from the respective state HRD departments
- MEA Attestation: After HRD attestation, the educational documents are attested from the Ministry of External Affairs [MEA].
- Embassy Attestation: Finally, the educational documents are attested from the embassy of the country you intend to travel in India.
- Home Attestation: Personal documents like birth certificate, the marriage certificate is attested from an authorized notary and later from the respective state Home departments.
- MEA Attestation: Then, the personal documents are attested from the Ministry of External Affairs [MEA].
- Embassy Attestation: Later, the documents are attested from the respective embassy of the country you intend to travel.
- Chamber of Commerce Attestation: The commercial documents are attested from the respective state chamber of commerce.
- MEA Attestation: After state attestation, the documents are attested from the Ministry of External Affairs [MEA].
- Embassy Attestation: Lastly, the documents are attested from the embassy of the country you are intending to travel.